Author: Raj Mehta (Bangalore)
Entry date: 2021-01-06
Summary: Home Chef, house wife who are selling food to Swiggy and Zomato require FSSAI Registration
Registration is mandatory for all homemade food selling operators. License is required only if your annual turnover is above Rs 12 Lakh.
• Even in obtaining the license, there are various categories. If the annual turnover is above Rs 12 Lakh and below Rs 20 Crore, then the license is to be obtained from the State FSSAI department and if the turnover is above Rs 20 Crore, then one needs to get the license from the Central FSSAI agency.
• Once you have registered, the registration license is valid only in the state where you applied for the license and not in any other state.
• The FSSAI registration is available for 1 to 5 years, and you can choose to renew after that period.
• Homemade food selling operators need to apply for a renewal 30 days prior to the expiry of the registration.
• A late fee of Rs 100 per day will be levied if the registration renewal is delayed, so do keep track of when you need to apply.
• A homemade food selling operator who is functioning without registration will be liable for a penalty of upto Rs 2 Lakh according to the Food Safety and Standards Act 2006.
1. Share the AAdhar, Address proof and passport photo with our team lawyers Opinion
2. . Once the documents are verified and submitted, it will further take 10 days for the license/registration to be completed.
Calll us at 8088155319 for more information